The premise of the Legacy Elevated website would seem to be foundational to each person finding their ONE word. It is an amazing annual practice of finding a word that resonates within you. The One Word Book was written by three authors: Dan Britton, Jimmy Paige and Jon Gordon. Dan Britton introduced me to the concept for both my Company and my own personal journey.
Each year on 12/31 everyone starts to make a list of everything they will DO or the items they will NOT DO. The main issue is one of expectations not met. For instance, if it is to workout four times a week, the first week you don't make that commitment with yourself you feel defeated. The One Word gives you the opportunity to create and design how your life will look and how you will lead yourself in 2018.
Upon selecting your ONE word for the year you will try to use it within the 6 disciplines with a sentence for each one. I have found over time a word I was really excited about did not make the cut once I tried to relate it to each discipline with a sentence. This year my ONE word is: SERVE. Let me show you how you can leverage this principle in your own life:
ONE WORD: SERVE
6 Disciplines: (Create a sentence utilizing the word)
1. Spiritual: I will serve the Almighty this way with daily meditation, journaling and memorization of scripture.
2. Physical: I will serve my body with the KETO diet and hydration to achieve a high level of fitness in 2018.
3. Emotional: I will create healthy boundaries to serve a great emotional state.
4. Relational: I will create opportunities to serve others both in business and in life with a goal of serving over 100 people in 2018.
5. Mental: I will make my mind serve and stretch my current understanding and knowledge with a pursuit of greater understanding in 2018.
6. Financial: I will serve the future by being disciplined today with my money and wealth mindset.
One additional item I have added to the 6 disciplines is to find a passage in scripture that reflects the intention of my one word. This year SERVE is best highlighted with:
I Peter 4:10,11- 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to SERVE others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone SERVES, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
What will your ONE word be in 2018?!! I encourage you to do it not only for yourself but as a family or even your Company. It is a great exercise. I will come back to my ONE word every week in 2018 to make sure I am on track to truly live it out.
How will you use this to create a greater legacy? #LEGACYELEVATED